11.28.2009

Sad Saturday

My cousing Deedee died the day before Thanksgiving. She had had cancer for about 2 years. We weren't especially close, but I knew her well enough and loved her. I'll really miss her. We had so much in common. She loved cats and loved my little dogs so much she just couldn't stand it. She came to Pokey's birthday party around the time she found out she had cancer. She had the very best time. I'm so glad she came!! I took Soda with me today when my mom and I went to her house to visit with some family and help sort some things. Dee's aunt (my great aunt) had lived with her and been taking care of her. She said she HAD to kiss Soda first or Dee would get mad, lol. I love it. Then she gave me a bag with two pieces of material in it. She said that Dee had been wanting to make one of those blankets for Pokey that tie on the sides for his birthday party (that was this past September), but when she felt better. She never got to make it, but she had wanted him to have it so bad. I can't wait to put it together. Pokey is already laying on the material!
Besides the sadness of Dee's passing and all the memories in that house, there is ANOTHER saddening thing: while we were there, Soda rolled in some sort of cat urine and/or feces and has the stench on her. I CAN'T SHAMPOO IT OFF!! I shampooed, rinsed and repeated 3 times and it still has the hint on pee.
Anyways, on the way to Dee's house, I got to work on my sisters scarf, and I suppose I could say it's 1/4 of the way done. I love fat yarn. It makes the work go by so much faster. Although, I AM having trouble keeping my stitches loose. The scarf is a little stiff.

Dee's service is this Tuesday at 4. Such sad times, but I love seeing my family. They live so far. :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment